gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] java2gomd

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] java2gomd
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:50:09 +0000

Ciao Roeles,

On Freitag 27 Februar 2004 12:38, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd hereby like to publish hthe java2gomd code as I have it so far.

:)) cool, thanks

> I regret, not having been able to work on it for months (last working code
> was on 11-11-2003) and therefore I publish my work so far; to stop further
> delays. Ppl have been waiting for way to long (maybe even a year) now and I
> still haven't come to a 1.0pre version. I do have a plan for it still
> inside my head, but I lost the time to work on it. I also learned C++, wich
> has left me a big addiction, and a lack of interest in Java.

hehehe, have fun with the c++, currently i am trying the other way around
and get a bit more familiar with the java-stuff ;)

> I wish very much luck to anyone diving into the code. As I would like to
> keep the structure of the whole package the way I intended, I will keep
> myself available to questions about the structure and possible solutions. I
> just don't have the time anymore to code on it.

thanks again Roeles, we will try to find a maintainer for this ;)
JP, could you commit this to the cvs please ?
(my account at savannah is still not working. will try to get it working asap)

> My plan for java2gomd was roughly like this:
> [1.0]
> - Provide easy to use API with respresentation of all objects in a oM
> cluster (node, cluster, process etc) with transparant processing to the
> actual gomd daemon. (Partially done. Haven't updated since long, but the
> idear works here. Uses about 2kb/sec bandwith on tests).
> - Provide traffic limit (not yet done, but easy to implement imho).
> - Maybe provide a CLI/shell UI.
> [2.0]
> - Provide with a GUI package wich allows for easy drag 'n drop monitoring
> of all available info's. This includes future info's. (No real idear on how
> to do this, had a look at java function pointers. Concept not proven.)

sounds good ;)

> If anyone plans on continuing my work, please keep me informed.
> The code is released under the GOMD licence (whatever one it uses) and is
> purely intended as a GOMD client.

best

> cheers,
>
> Roel 'roeles' Baardman

howdy,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

If we have unlimited ability to think, why do we use computers?