gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Docbook & Co.

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Docbook & Co.
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:36:41 +0200

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 15:19:39 +0200, Gian Paolo Ghilardi <address@hidden> wrote:

If possible, I'd like to know the steps you did to create the files because I'd like to update the files ASAP, so I'd like to create (and commit to CVS)
some scripts to automate the production of all the formats.

Type sgml2 and hit tab a couple of times, you should see a list of available commands like sgml2html sgml2txt, etc. If you don't see the commands, you'll need to emerge app-text/docbook-sgml.

Ciao, Mirko.

PS: I'd suggest not to commit pdf, ps, doc, sxw and binary files into the repository, only the original sgml file is required to rebuild the docs with the necessary tools and no one likes downloading tons of documentation from cvs when you can generate it in a second from the sgml source ;)