gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] .... let's start gomdview

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] .... let's start gomdview
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:33:05 +0000

Hi guys,

just commited the first port of the main openMosixview application -> gomdview
to the cvs at savannah      (the main window "only" for now)

It is almost "usable" and it is using the libgomd now
e.g. for getting the informations for the main-refresh :)
(also the "setspeed" is implemented using the gomd!)

The gomdview needs to be executed with the gomd-ip to connect
as the first commandline parameter (my plan is to make 127.0.0.1
a default entry if no commanline parameter was given by the user).
In the gui i added a "select gomd" menu-entry in the config-menu of the
new "gomdview" to be able to select/change the gomd-to-connect-to
at runtime :)))

Some methods still needs some "optimization" ;)) the main purpose
was to make it working first, feel free to enhance the code.

Anyways i think this is a quite usefull first start and it should
be not sooo hard to get all the other openMosixview applications
working with the gomd/libgomd too. We may have to discuss + change
some conceptional stuff but that should be ok too ;))

Please notice that the configuration dialog methods arestill using ssh/rsh
because (currently) the gomd does not support executing a command on a
specific node e.g. exec cmd [node-id] [command]
-> please correct me if i am wrong

btw: also the "framework" should work ok e.g. "make rpm" will build you
and "gomdview-0.1.rpm" heheheh

Hope you have fun with it and help me porting the rest of the stuff !

happy easter-egg searching,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
programming must be the process of putting them in.