gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] .... let's start gomdview

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] .... let's start gomdview
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:06:28 +0200

Hi all.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Rechenburg" <address@hidden>
<address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 1:33 AM

> Hi guys,
>
> just commited the first port of the main openMosixview application ->
gomdview
> to the cvs at savannah      (the main window "only" for now)
WOW! Now I checkout the code. :)))

> It is almost "usable" and it is using the libgomd now
> e.g. for getting the informations for the main-refresh :)
> (also the "setspeed" is implemented using the gomd!)

Well! :)

> The gomdview needs to be executed with the gomd-ip to connect
> as the first commandline parameter (my plan is to make 127.0.0.1
> a default entry if no commanline parameter was given by the user).
> In the gui i added a "select gomd" menu-entry in the config-menu of the
> new "gomdview" to be able to select/change the gomd-to-connect-to
> at runtime :)))

This is a good'n useful idea!

> Some methods still needs some "optimization" ;)) the main purpose
> was to make it working first, feel free to enhance the code.

Ok. Let me know if you need chacges/clanaups/... in the libgomd.

> Anyways i think this is a quite usefull first start and it should
> be not sooo hard to get all the other openMosixview applications
> working with the gomd/libgomd too. We may have to discuss + change
> some conceptional stuff but that should be ok too ;))
Ok. I'm here. ;)

> Please notice that the configuration dialog methods arestill using ssh/rsh
> because (currently) the gomd does not support executing a command on a
> specific node e.g. exec cmd [node-id] [command]
> -> please correct me if i am wrong

You're right, Matt.
WORKING EXECUTION COMMANDS:
- [exec] cmd COMMAND PARAMS    => local node execution
- [exec] cwc COMMAND PARAM     => cluster-wide execution
ATM there's no "exec cmd [node-id] [command]" but if you want, I can add
this feature.

> btw: also the "framework" should work ok e.g. "make rpm" will build you
> and "gomdview-0.1.rpm" heheheh
Ok. We'll add the stuff in the Packaging dir, ok?

> Hope you have fun with it and help me porting the rest of the stuff !
>
> happy easter-egg searching,
Also to you all!!! :)))

<rejected>