gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Re: <GOMD> GOMDVIEW & DAEMON updated

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Re: <GOMD> GOMDVIEW & DAEMON updated
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:23:56 +0000

Ciao JP,

On Sonntag 11 April 2004 08:32, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> > Ciao again,
> >
> > On Samstag 10 April 2004 20:27, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> > > Hi Matt.

> > > Me too :)

> Uhm... Maybe I've not understood the meaning of this method.
> Pls, can you explain what this method should do? :)

it opens a "xterm" from a remote node e.g. it should run locally :
"xhost +" or "xhost +[ip-of-the-remote-node]
and then on the remote node :
`which xterm` -display [set-by-a-variable-in-the-code]

The method is implemented so far using the lg object
and i could see that the gomd receives the correct
command, still the xterm is not opening on the "gomdview" host.
will investigate a bit more later ;)

> > only the updated open_remotecon() method
> > It looks like it should work ;) and the daemon receives
> > the correct cmd but the remote console does not open yet.
> >
> > > Did you start the autodiscovery for the daemon so it can fill the
> > > /etc/knownGomds cache file? ("start ad 10" => will search the daemon on
> > > local node from X.Y.Z.1 to X.Y.Z.10).
> > >

> > > My idea about using the libgomd class (feel free to drop it if not
>
> needed
>
> > sounds good, feel free to enhance the code ;)
>
> Just a thing. The sleep between two refreshes seems not to work.
>
> I've added
> - sleep(refreshtimeoutbox->value()*1000);
> after
> - redrawcluster();
> in refresh() method and a refresh-counter to verify it.
> (code not in CVS)

mhmm, strange, the refresh timeout set by the QTimer in
the code should work.
If it does not work ok let's fix it in the right place
and not add another sleep
(gomdview line 1332++ and 2904++)
... will check too later

> I hope this can help you :)