gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] initial import of the gomdprocs/openMosixprocs sources

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] initial import of the gomdprocs/openMosixprocs sources
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:13:47 +0000

Hi JP, Hi gomd-team,

just want to let you know that i imorted the openMosixprocs sources
as "gomdprocs" into the gomdview directory in the cvs.
The source + object names are changed and the Makefile
adjusted to compile against the libgomd
(also the lg object is prepared and the gomdprocs.bin binary accepts
now the gomd-IP as the first commandline parameter, startscript included)

Please notice that it is still using the local proc-interface.
(methods are not yet changed to use the libgomd)

Currently the gomdview executes the gomdprocs on the remote
node (with display set to local workstation)
( -> same as the remote-console )
If the "exec con (nodeid)... " will be fixed, the gomdprocs will be
mostly usable as it is (running from remote).
Anyways i would like change this into a full client-server
application (as it is in the gomdview) so the gomdprocs
will actually run on the "local workstation" outside the
cluster and connecting a gomd to get all needed values
to display.

... so the gomdprocs will soon use the lg/libgomd object
to get the informations about a remote node.

open issues:
The gomd/libgomd framework already provides commands
for getting the required values (get ps, get pi...)
I have probs with e.g. "get pi [pid]" ...
.. ->
address@hidden # get pi
<ERR>: request is invalid!
address@hidden # get procmigstatus
<ERR>: request is invalid!
address@hidden # get pi 1
<ERR>: request is invalid!
address@hidden #

... ;) btw "get nl" is "doubled"
get nodelist + get netload
Could you please re-check the "getter" functions
(especially the extra ones for the processes)

My current plan is to use the "get ps" output to fill
gomdprocs and get the procmigstatus for each process
(i will also need the process-miggroup)
I think a "get proccmdline [pid]" would be usefull too.

;))) sorry for so many requests, as i mentioned always take your time
and enjoy. It is really fun to use the libgomd/gomd stuff and because
of the amount of provided informations (by the gomd) we can increase
the functioniallity of gomdview.

btw: the most prio should be set to the "exec con (nodeid) .." stuff.
It is still not working for me. Maybe i am doing something wrong ?
(It does not work on the gomd-cmd for me either as re-checked)
With having this working the gomdview will actually start being usefull
(including the gomdprocs)

many thanks to you all (and especially to Gian Paolo for the good support)
stay tuned and have fun,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

The feature you'd like to have is probably already installed on your
Linux system.