gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON> libgtop killed

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> libgtop killed
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:54:18 +0200

Hi Matt.

As the cluster-wide execution seem to work, I've decided to remove libgtop.
The idea: why to have a sysinfo class based on an external library (libgtop2)
when we can get the
same info executing the right command? Invoking an external library or
executing directly a
command take approximately the same time.

i.e. get uptime
- with libgtop => call libgtop uptime object/functions
- with SCX     => can be emulated via  [con (NODE_ID)/cmd/cwc] uptime.

So the sysinfo class can be restructured like a wrapper class that executes
commands and return
parsed and well formatted values.

In this way we can remove safely libgtop.

Ok?

Bye.

<rejected>