gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: CHAOS hooks, etc.

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: CHAOS hooks, etc.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:57:25 +0200

Hi Ian, all.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Latter" <address@hidden>
To: "Matthias Rechenburg" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:42 AM
Subject: Re: CHAOS hooks, etc.

> > the gain of the gomd project is to create a common (-> general)
framework
> > for openMosix cluster which includes monitoring (especially openMosix
> > specific), amdinistration and (secure) remote-execution. The gomd daemon
> Yes, I love this project for this reason alone :)

Happy to hear that. :)

> > So why we would like to have a tyd-plugin ? ;)
> > Easy question, to also support the autodiscovery feature and
> > to have everything in one place. It will ease up configuration
> > in general (you just need to configure one) and if the user
> > chooses gomd+tyd-plugin he/she can directly connect
> > some nice monitoring gui to it  ;)
>
> Ok, fair enough.  How should we handly dependancies? Ie. tyd
> with IPSEC support requires the kernel to have FreeSwan compiled
> in.  Similarly with iptables. (as well as the supporting user-space
> binaries).

I think this is not a problem: if you want I can code a check to see if
IPSEC+tools are available so you can enable or not all tyd features _as
runtime_.

> > I guess Gian Paolo will connect you+me as soon as there
> > question about the tyd support.
> >
> > Gian Paolo ;) please also let me know if i can "assist" you in any way
> > to create the tyd-support class.
Today I re-designed a bit the support-class loading mechanism.
This night I'll test this thing and provide you an updated version of the
"HOWTO: adding support class to gomd" doc with all APIs. :)

> I guess I'll need to know how the API needs to work so I can
> start making in-roads.
I'm here, if you need help. :)