gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> libgtop killed

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> libgtop killed
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:19:38 +0000

Ciao again,

On Mittwoch 14 April 2004 12:54, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> As the cluster-wide execution seem to work, I've decided to remove libgtop.
> The idea: why to have a sysinfo class based on an external library
> (libgtop2) when we can get the same info executing the right command?
> Invoking an external library or executing directly a command take
> approximately the same time.
>
> i.e. get uptime
> - with libgtop => call libgtop uptime object/functions
> - with SCX     => can be emulated via  [con (NODE_ID)/cmd/cwc] uptime.
>
> So the sysinfo class can be restructured like a wrapper class that executes
> commands and return parsed and well formatted values.
>
> In this way we can remove safely libgtop.
>
> Ok?

ok, sounds good to me :) one (optional) dependency less

.... just i still have probs with the
"exec con (nodeid) .." stuff.
Could you please try setting the speed using gomdview ?
This will show you the exact command which is executed
on the lg object.
As i mentioned before "exec cmd ..." works ok but
"exec con (nodeid) .." gives this probs.

> Bye.
>
> <rejected>

cheers,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"The difficult we do immediately;  the impossible takes
 a little longer."