gotmail-list

[gotmail] Strip CC & BCC from mail

From: Micha Nelissen
Subject: [gotmail] Strip CC & BCC from mail
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 08:10:35 +0200

Hi,

I use gotmail to forward email from my hotmail address. My ISP has
blocked my access to their smtp server however because I was sending
huge amounts of mail. I think this is because bcc and cc are kept, and
thus my ISP sends mail to all these people that are on the cc,bcc list.

I have been looking at the gotmail script but am a little confused about
the sub doResendSMTPEmail. Can anybody shed any light on:

  if ($email =~ s/^From ([^ ]*).*\n//) {
    $from = $1;
  }

Does it remove the From address from the mail? Shouldn't it be '^From:
([...' ? (Notice the ':'). Can I use something similar to remove the CC
and BCC lines?

  $email ~= s/^Bcc: ([^ ]*).*\n//;

How about multiple CC and BCC lines?

Thanks in advance,