gpsd-dev

Re: gpsd-dev Digest, Vol 136, Issue 8

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd-dev Digest, Vol 136, Issue 8
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 12:39:19 -0800

Yo Danny!

On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 04:47:05 +0000
"Kuo, Danny" <danny.kuo@intel.com> wrote:

> > Do you know the driver name for those?
> > Ans: this is Intel E810 Ethernet chip which use "ice" driver, you
> > can download from link
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/ice%20stable/ The
> > latest version is ice-1.11.14

I dud into the source a bit more.  Wrong source.  From the readme:

GNSS/GPS Support
----------------
GNSS/GPS support depends on CONFIG_GNSS being enabled in the kernel. At this
time, the kernel in RHEL distributions do not support CONFIG_GNSS.
For SLES distributions, the kernel in SLES 15 SP2, and later, supports
CONFIG_GNSS. However the requisite gnss*.ko modules are not included
in the 'kernel-default' package. You must install the 'kernel-default-extra'
RPM (found in "Product-WE" module) to obtain the gnss*.ko modules.

So the source that screws up the serial interface is not in the tar file
you mentioned.

Since I don't use RHEL or SLES, nothing I can do.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588