gpsd-users

Re: Strange troubles with emulation

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Strange troubles with emulation
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:38:14 -0800

Yo Владимир!

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 01:27:38 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 19.01.2021 00:12, Владимир Калачихин пишет:
> > I create nmea.log from gpx by gpsbabel. I run gpsfake -c 1 nmea.log
> >

> Heh. If I play this nmea.log by gpsfeed+_amd64, not by gpsfake -- my
> POLL-based client work fine. But gpspipe -w output still has only "no
> valid data" messages. And gpxlogger not work too.

Sorry, without seeing your files I can't comment on your results.

The best way to capture raw data from your receiver is to start
gpsd, then run:
        gpspipe -R -n 200 > raw.log

The send that raw.log here.

I don't work with gpx, gpsbabel and gpsfeed to know how they work.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588