gpsd-users

Re: Hot plugged devices

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Hot plugged devices
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:24:33 -0700

Yo Владимир!

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:11:51 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> As documentation said, after ?WATCH={"enable":true,"json":true}
> "daemon will ship you back some information on available devices".

Yes.  But "availabe" means already configured by gpsd.

> After this, daemon pass flow of (for example) TPV messages -- from
> DEVICES list only?

gpsd will send all the messages from all the devices to you.  It is up
to the device as to what it sends to gpsd to send on to the user.

> Or if plugged new devices after WATCH request --
> from new devices too?

Dunno, easy for you to test.  My guess is that new hot plugged devies
will also send data.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588