gpsd-users

Re: RTK Base and its accuracy

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RTK Base and its accuracy
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:51:42 -0700

Yo Florian!

I shoulda proffread this before sending.

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 10:49:24 +0200
> Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

> > but close to one of our gps
> > repeaters which get their values from the roof as well.
>
> When you get a GPS signal off a repeater, you are getting the position
> of the receiver, not the position is the antenna inside the building.

Better put:

When you get a GPS fix off a repeater, you are getting the position
of the repeater's input antenna, not the position of the repeaters
broadcast antenna inide the building, or the rovers antenna inide
the building.

Draw yourself a simple diagram of the psuedoranges and you will see.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588