gpsd-users

Re: New gpsd version with TCP reconnect

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: New gpsd version with TCP reconnect
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 12:53:08 -0700

Yo Nick!

On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 17:27:52 +0000
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

> I have run new test using the blackhole route that you suggested some
> time ago:

I found it even easier just to kill the socat sender.

> Source machine:
>
> root@TSB-1650:~# socat EXEC:'gpspipe -r'

Once again, try the -B.  I'm worried that the problem may be in the
socat buffering.  That may be why I can not duplicate.

The other difference is you are running 32-bit.

> TCP-LISTEN:2948,reuseaddr,fork& [1] 21164
> root@TSB-1650:~# ip route add blackhole 192.168.2.52
> root@TSB-1650:~# date
> Tue Nov  1 10:37:02 UTC 2022
> root@TSB-1650:~# 2022/11/01 10:54:37 socat[22565] E write(7,
> 0x7f624d98, 8192): Connection timed out
> date
> Tue Nov  1 11:00:02 UTC 2022
> root@TSB-1650:~# ip route del 192.168.2.52
>
> And am attaching full log from dest machine so I don't omit any
> important part

I note you are on Ovtober 17, code.  I don't think you are missing
anything relevant, except for the -B code.

Looks the same as the last one you sent.  For some reason your pselect()
does not return a conenction error like mine does.

I don't see what gpsd could do differently when there is no data
coming in the tcp.  Except maybe kill the connection and retry after
a few mnuutes of timeouts.

What libc, gcc are you using.

$ gcc --version
gcc (Gentoo 12.2.1_p20221008 p1) 12.2.1 20221008

I'm on glibc 2.35.

Bother 64 bit.

$ uname -a
Linux dilbert 6.0.2-gentoo #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Oct 19 13:01:12 PDT 2022
x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588