grammatica-devel

Re: [Grammatica-devel] Keeping C# and Java in sync

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-devel] Keeping C# and Java in sync
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:47:56 +0200

Oh, I wish it was so! But unfortunately, if you analyze all the code
in detail, you'll find that the devil is in the details. The are a
number of minor, but critical, changes to the code and API that were
required in order to make things work properly in C#. Sometimes these
are for the better (using enums when Java had none), but sometimes
they are for the worse.

I've done the copy-paste operation enough times to know that I've
corrected some porting bugs more than once, so I don't believe it
would be possible to create an automatic tool to do the job. Also,
there are quite a number of C# users for Grammatica apparently, so
they might be a bit disappointed if it was less native than it
currently is...

Cheers,

/Per