Re: mom problem

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: mom problem
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 12:25:34 -0400

----- Forwarded message from Peter Schaffter <peter@schaffter.ca> -----

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 12:22:11 -0400
To: Ulrich Lauther <ulrich.lauther@t-online.de>
From: Peter Schaffter <peter@schaffter.ca>

Ulrich --

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022, Ulrich Lauther wrote:
> I added the modified SPACE macro to my private collection of
> macros, and it seems to work.  However, it seems to take no
> parameter, so I cannot make a half-space.  Will a modified version
> be added to the official mom-version?

The modified version won't likely be added to mom.  Mom promises
perfectly aligned top margins for running text.  There are
circumstances under which the modified macro would disturb the
alignment.  Any files that need the modified version should source
it (.so or .INCLUDE) in the files themselves.

That said, I didn't take into account that you might need something
other than just a line space, as your test file indicated.  Here's
a revised version that takes a parameter.

.rm SPACE
.de SPACE
. ie \\n[.ns] \{\
.   rs
.   vpt 0
.   nop \&
.   vpt
.   sp -1
.   sp \\$1
. \}
. el .sp \\$1
..

Save it in a file for sourcing.  If you come across any hitches with
it, let me know.  Note that .SP is unaffected by the modified
version of SPACE.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Peter Schaffter