Re: pdfmom -Tps not working

From: Deri
Subject: Re: pdfmom -Tps not working
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:46:33 +0100

On Saturday, 20 August 2022 02:06:10 BST Peter Schaffter wrote:
> Deri --
>
> 'pdfmom -Tps' seems to be broken.  I never use the -Tps option
> so I haven't notice before.  When I run
>
>   pdfmom -Tps -ke test > test.ps
>
> pdfmom exits cleanly but the .ps file is corrupt.  I'm attaching the
> result (built from the test file I listed in my post on font paths).
> 'groff -Tps -ke test > test.ps' works fine.
>
> On another note...
> In my system /devpdf 'download' file, I have
>   Bookman-Light
> /usr/share/ghostscript/9.26/Resource/Font/URWBookman-LightItalic
> Bookman-LightItalic
> /usr/share/ghostscript/9.26/Resource/Font/URWBookman-Light which makes BMR
> come out as BMI and vice versa.  I can't recall
> having futzed around in the file, so I'm assuming this needs to be
> fixed.

Hi Peter,

The test.ps file you attached is in fact a pdf file. This is because if you
pass -T ps to pdfmom (i.e. asking for a pdf using grops) the command is passed
to pdfroff which uses grops and ghostscript to produce the output.

The transposed fonts were fixed by Colin Watson:-

commit e9bcfb1f855af8e9817b4bb22a659926750da28b
Author: Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
Date:   Tue Apr 28 18:14:16 2020 +0100

    Fix transposed Bookman fonts in devpdf

    Reported and tested by T. Kurt Bond.

    * font/devpdf/Foundry.in (BMR, BMI): Use Italic font files for BMI, not
    BMR.

Cheers

Deri