Re: o with ^ on top of it

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: o with ^ on top of it
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:23:15 -0500

Hi Alex,

At 2022-08-26T01:23:39+0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Soo, probably Bjarnii's patch is the simplest thing to do, right?  \[^o]

I'd say so.  groff and mandoc both seem to support it.  Heirloom
Doctools seems not to.

> > I'll probably never get back to Bash.
>
> Did it get patched? :p

Nope.  I don't even remember now what I wanted to do.  My acceptance
rate for Bash patches is not zero but it is low.  Maybe I've done
better than most...

> > [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blit_(computer_terminal)
> > [4]
> > https://cseweb.ucsd.edu/classes/fa01/cse221/papers/ritchie-stream-io-belllabs84.pdf
> > [5] "[Streams] means something different when shouted."
>
> I like when footnotes have their own footnotes. :)

I'm a self-annotating Howard Beale... :-/

Regards,
Branden