Re: Inline TTY Pixel Rendering. (Was: groff 1.23.0.rc2 status report)

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: Inline TTY Pixel Rendering. (Was: groff 1.23.0.rc2 status report)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:06:52 +1100

> Sounds like it's up John Gardner's alley.  :-)

Actually, I think displaying multimedia within a character-based display is
the second-wankiest thing people have managed to do with their terminal (
Browsh <https://www.brow.sh/> being the first).

My own prejudices aside, this would be easy to implement in Roff.js if
grotty(1) implements the appropriate device controls. ;-) Also, thanks for
reminding me that I have yet to finish that damn project (or get it to a
point where it's useful for the average *roff user…)