Re: Viewing PDFs. (Was: Happy new Sun)

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: Viewing PDFs. (Was: Happy new Sun)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:31:38 +0100

Ralph Corderoy wrote in
 <20221224090607.7DBB2220C6@orac.inputplus.co.uk>:
 |Hi Deri,
 |
 |> You may need to open the outline pane on the left, which acts like a
 |> table of contents.
 |
 |Is it mandatory that a PDF viewer must supply this mechanism to be
 |worthy of the name?  Off-hand, I don't recall mupdf(1) or llpp(1) having

"o" for the former.
'That said, https://ftp.sdaoden.eu/code-mailx-1.pdf (beware:
1MB!), realized with newest minor of mdocmx on groff
1.23.0.rc1.2915-c6d7, via pdfmark.tmac, causes the outline pane to
show things twice; i cannot recall whether that was true on 1.22.3
already, it is very ugly and so i would surely have seen this in
the past hmm.  It is like

  v NAME
    Synopsis
  v SYNOPSIS
    Table of contents
  v TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Description

etc etc.  This is wrong, of course, since these are all .Sh on the
top level.  But i had no time to wrap my head to see what is
going on.

 |an option or keystroke to show it.

 |--
 |Merry Christmas to the list, Ralph.

Ah, new testament.  Propagandistic times indeed.
(Read the bible since June to understand the Christians better.
Passed Epistle to the Romans today.  No Joke, heh, U.S.A.
(Would rhyme better with Rome crosses my mind.)

 --End of <20221224090607.7DBB2220C6@orac.inputplus.co.uk>

--steffen