Re: Doubts about a typo fix

From: Lennart Jablonka
Subject: Re: Doubts about a typo fix
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 22:07:01 +0000

Quoth G. Branden Robinson:
> I believe Solaris troff to be fossilized

Yes and no. Solaris 10 is no longer supported after January 2024, so
if it and all the other traditional troffs die out by 2024 we can stop
worrying about this then.

That may in fact prove out; the only _currently-maintained_ troffs I
know of are groff, Heirloom Doctools troff (though it has slowed down)
and neatroff.

I am devastated that 9front troff is unhesitatingly disregarded again and again like this. While it’s seeing few commits, it is serving us very well.

Nope, not all traditional troffs will die that easily.