UNDERSCORE formatting question for "mom"

From: Steve Ross
Subject: UNDERSCORE formatting question for "mom"
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 23:53:58 +0000 (UTC)

All,

Regarding the UNDERSCORE macro of "mom"...

How do I added punctuation to the end of underscored text?

Please see the attached input file named "underscore-plus-punctuation.mom" and
the attached output PDF file named "underscore-plus-punctuation.pdf".  The
input file contains two of my unsuccessful attempts to follow underscored text
with a period immediately following and no intervening space.

The command line that I used is:

    $ groff -M ~/MomDir  -mom -Tpdf underscore-plus-punctuation.mom >
underscore-plus-punctuation.pdf

where "MomDir" points to the "mom-2.5_b" directory.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-- Steve Ross