Re: [platform-testers] groff 1.23.0.rc3 on GNU/Hurd and NetBSD

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] groff 1.23.0.rc3 on GNU/Hurd and NetBSD
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:37:17 -0600

[self-follow-up]

At 2023-03-06T09:32:06-0600, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> At 2023-03-06T01:54:44+0100, Bruno Haible wrote:
> > On GNU/Hurd and NetBSD 9.0, the build succeeds,
> > and there is 1 test failure:
>
> They're different in each case.

This statement is incorrect, or at least premature.  The same test
script fails in both cases, and in no distinguishable manner.  I got
distracted by the printf diagnostic and neglected to the edit the above
sentence.

> FAIL: src/roff/groff/tests/initialization_is_quiet.sh

> ... I can send you a modified version of this test script, and if that
> fixes the problem (unlikely) or communicates more information, I will
> commit the change.

I think I'll go ahead and refactor the test a bit, committing something
that may be more revealing when time permits testing on the Hurd and
NetBSD again.

--Branden