grub-devel

Amiga FFS

From: Jotinha
Subject: Amiga FFS
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:08:18 -0300

Hi Marco,

i didnt get any response of you about your opinion on the project
www.aros.org anyway as i said before they are using a hacked grub1 to
support amiga-ffs and rdb-partition.

linux kernel had for sometime a-ffs support, and do have rdb support, so i
think we have enough resources

AROS is supposed to be multiplataform (x86, ppc and m68k), but now it only
works native on x86, there is also sfs and a-ffs2 (amigaos4 and morphos on
ppc arch), but i had no info about those. (if you want i could try to get
some)

if you like the idea is also possible to make changes on the aros boot
design to meet better some grub2 specification. (any ideia!?!?)

i think the AROS team also could help about the hardware specification of
the  M68K port of grub2, even without a M68K port of AROS itself. (little
darkness humor   dont have a 68k port of it) =o)

On other hand, i would like to know if grub2 is stable enough to be the
default boo-loader of AROS. (or if not be the deault, to be usefull for beta
testing)

If you need anything about a-ffs, rdb partitions, M68K specs, aros or
relateds, please let me know that i will try to help!

best regards, for you and all grub2 team,

jaime dias

PS1: you answer me in private messenger, should i use the list or your
email?
PS2: is grub2 allready supporting splash-boot-images?