grub-devel

RE: calling UNDI API

From: Feng Shuo
Subject: RE: calling UNDI API
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:39:08 +0800

The interrupt handle is different between GRUB and Etherboot. I don't know
the detail, but this makes some Etherboot drivers not work properly in GRUB
(even with my diskless patch). For instance, the new pcnet32 driver hang in
GRUB, for it will raise an interrupt to initialize the card ---- the UNDI
driver has the similar problem :-(
In grub2, I think, we must make a decision on which framework to use before
we do anything, so that we may change the grub2 base code or architecture to
support the frame work better.