grub-devel

Re: Scripting support

From: Vladimir Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Scripting support
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:03:14 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:

Vladimir Serbinenko <address@hidden> writes:

I think we first have to determine:

1) Which commands should be supported.
What about && || ! case do done elif else esac fi for function if in then until while { } [[ ]] in scripting engine. I think that time is completely useless. What do you think about select?

2) The smallest subset of commands that should be generated.

I think
jmp
je/jne
invert (not for last return)
exec
regexp (check if string matches regexp)
push
pop
getelem (get element from list)

should be enough
External commands would be eval and [[
functions can be stored directly by parser

Perhaps the best is to make a list of tokens we need to support.  With
such list we can determine how to detect them.
I think just comparing (after \ one character is not compared) might be enough. ; newline ;; && || ! case do done elif else esac fi for function if in then until while { } [[ ]]

Thanks,
Marco

Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko