grub-devel

Re: Broken Build on Mac OS X

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: Broken Build on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:34:53 -0600

On Dec 1, 2005, at 11:00 PM, Andre Smith wrote:

I would like to report a broken build on Mac OS X using cross compiler powerpc-elf version 4.0.2 using binutils 2.16.1 and newlib 1.13.0. I get the following error message after running configure --host=powerpc-elf followed by a make:

grub2/commands/help.c: In function 'grub_cmd_help':
grub2/commands/help.c:42: error: nested functions are not supported on MacOSX grub2/commands/help.c:65: error: nested functions are not supported on MacOSX
make: *** [grub_emu-commands_help.o] Error 1
console:~/opensource/bootcode/source asmith$

You omitted the full gcc invocation, but I suspect that you are not actually using your powerpc-elf cross-compiler here. Could you verify that?

-Hollis