grub-devel

Re: Update on video subsystem draft

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: Update on video subsystem draft
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:54:29 -0600

On Dec 30, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

- What would be a good way to debug code like this :)... I have VMware
running here and could use one of it's devices to get debug messages but
at the moment there is no code to support this.

The best way to debug video drivers is with a serial console. You could make grub_serial_putchar() non-static, then call it directly from the code you're trying to debug.

Of course it would also be cool if you could output to two consoles at once, but I'm not sure if that's currently possible or how to do that.

-Hollis