grub-devel

multiboot2 (draft)

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: multiboot2 (draft)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:38:00 +0100

I made some progress on the draft of the next generation of Multiboot
Specification:

http://grub.enbug.org/MultibootDraft

Although this is not complete at all, I think you can see my current ideas.
I'm struggling with portability, notably, 32-bit and 64-bit (and 128-bit in
the future?), little-endian and big-endian. I personally feel that I've
reached an acceptable form about the usability. If you have any idea, please
send it to this list.

Also, I need help to support more architectures. I myself work on i386-pc and
x86_64-pc, because I have good knowledge on them. For ppc, sparc, arm, etc.,
I hope others will contribute.

Okuji