grub-devel

Re: Changing the default OS

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Changing the default OS
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:34:26 +0300

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> On Monday 01 May 2006 18:11, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> loony636 <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I currently have Grub, and I need to change the default OS that it boots
>>> from. At the moment it always boots to Linux, and I need to change it so
>>> the default it Windows. I am a complete newbie at this, and wouldn't know
>>> a command line if it slapped me in the face. So patronising, easy to
>>> follow instructions would be great.
>> This is the wrong list to ask this question; this list is about the
>> development of GRUB 2.
>
> It's very interesting why people ask questions about GRUB Legacy here again
> and again, although I have written "Do not use this list for GRUB Legacy" in
> everywhere.

If you look at Nabble's descriptions for GRUB's they don't state what
they are for too precisely. And I still think that bug-grub is still
misleading for the end users. In my opinion there should be alias
help-grub/grub-help or another list.

http://www.nabble.com/Grub-f1675.html
http://www.nabble.com/Grub---Dev-f551.html
http://www.nabble.com/Grub---Bugs-f1676.html