grub-devel

No Menu in 1.94

From: Anes Lihovac
Subject: No Menu in 1.94
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:25:04 +0200

Hi

We had problems with grub Legacy (0.97) on old
hardware, mostly ASUS Mainboard like the CUSL2 Boards.
When you fire up the machine, you just saw an endless output
of GRUB GRUB GRUB filling the screen. I think it has something
to do with the Stages. So, I tried 1.94 and it works.
One of the machines with the old GRUB GRUB ... Problem
boots fine now.
The only problem right now is, that there is no menu displayed.
So, the first entry is alwasy booted.

This is what the grub.cfg looks like:

set timeout=5
set default=0

title=Linux
linux /bzImage root=/dev/ram splash=silent vga=791 quiet
initrd /loader.img
boot

title=Rescue
linux /bzImage root=/dev/ram splash=silent vga=791 quiet rescue
initrd /loader.img
boot

Hope someone has a hint for me.
Thanks in advance and best regards.