grub-devel

GSoC: CD-ROM booting options

From: Alex Roman
Subject: GSoC: CD-ROM booting options
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:18:28 -0400

Hello,

Last week I started working on my GSoC project for GRUB2: CD-ROM boot
support. I wanted to make sure I understand what we want to support in
GRUB2.

Do we want to be able to boot the computer from GRUB2 installed on a
medium (whatever it may be), then be able to boot from a CD  (in
whatever mode - emulation or no emulation)?

Do we also want to be able to boot the computer through the BIOS from
a CD on which GRUB2 was installed and continue booting from the CD
(like GRUB legacy does)?

Do we want to support both?

Personally, I think both are important to support, but I want to see
what the majority of developers and users think we should support.

Thanks in advance!

--
Alex Roman <address@hidden>