grub-devel

Re: Contribute to GRUB 2 ?

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Contribute to GRUB 2 ?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:42:04 +0200

Erich Boleyn <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Erich,

> I've been becoming more interested (and having some more time) to look
> seriously into GRUB development again, and have been following the email
> list for a bit.  I've been working at AMD in CPU architecture/instruction
> set extensions and virtualization, but GRUB calls to me at times, in no
> small part because I still use it extensively in my work.

That would be really great!

> Many have done a bunch of work on GRUB 2 and before I annoy some people
> by coming in and commenting on things (my current pet item is the fact
> that there seem to be 2 different config files, one that requires pre-
> processing to make the other, which I kept away from like the plague in
> my old design...  ok, I guess I just made an annoying comment ;-), I
> thought I'd ask what some of the core developers think would be useful
> for me to contribute on...  or who I could talk to about some of the
> core GRUB architectural issues and how/if they are in the plan to be
> resolved, etc.

What do you mean by two configfiles?

Did you have a look at the wiki?  The best way to start is just
installing and add what you consider missing.

Most current issues are in how scripting should function and fix some
issues there.  The sparc port is far from complete.  For a full
overview, please have a look at the wiki.

--
Marco