grub-devel

Re: x86_64 EFI support for grub2 ?

From: Bean
Subject: Re: x86_64 EFI support for grub2 ?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 03:43:58 +0800

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Isaac Dupree
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Bean wrote:
>>>
>>> And I meant that if I had to compile anything grub2, I wasn't sure if a
>>> 32bit Linux could make a 64bit grub efi image.. but if you can make the
>>> image, then no problem at all!
>>
>> With the cross compilation tool, it's possible to create 64bit image
>> in 32bit environment. In debian, all you need to do is install the
>> grub-multilib package and use the -m64 compile option in gcc.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu (the newest version, Hardy 8.04).  Perhaps you meant
> gcc-multilib?

Oh yep, some typo.

BTW, you can check out the firmware info in "About rEFIt" icon in the
refit boot menu. Here is my info:

EFI Revision 1.10
Platform: x86_64 (64 bit)
Firmware: Apple 1.10

I guess your firmware is 32-bit, even though the cpu is 64-bit.

--
Bean