grub-devel

Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:38:56 +0300

Marco Gerards wrote:
Colin D Bennett <address@hidden> writes:
I think we should remove conf/*.mk from the Subversion repository.  If
people are going to be developing on GRUB and checking out svn
branches, then I think it's fine to require them to have Ruby.  For
released tarballs that we expect non-developers to use, we just need to
generate the *.mk files and include them in the tarball.

I do not have problems with this.  Besides this, it will stop people
from sending in patches with .mk changes in it :-)

I think Okuji's objection is based on fact that it makes it harder for people to compile from sources. Now what if we would generate those files when making a release? Of course this should be enabled to script/makefile to make it automatically so it is not forgotten ;)

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen