grub-devel

Re: RFC: conf/i386.rmk

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: RFC: conf/i386.rmk
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:49:46 -0400

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 09:58 +0300, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

> > I tried moving more stuff to common.rmk many times but gave up every
> > time.  One of the reasons is that the sparc64 support is very
> > out-of-date and doesn't use common.rmk at all.  I cannot even test it
> > (well, I haven't tries hard).
>
> If sparc64 support is out of date and the maintainer is nowhere to be
> seen then I think you can put that support to graveyard until someone
> comes up to update it. Putting all common stuff to every platform to
> common.rmk is a good way and the only way (in my opinion) to go forward.

OK, then there is an issue that it doesn't work if done naively.  Either
genmk.rb should sort statements or we need some makefile magic
(recursively expanded variables, perhaps) that would be transparent to
genmk.rb.  Maybe we need both.

We may want to have another common file for all ieee1275 pratforms.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin