grub-devel

Re: [RFC] DISTLIST and gendistlist.sh

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [RFC] DISTLIST and gendistlist.sh
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:28:58 +0200

Am Freitag, den 29.08.2008, 19:03 -0400 schrieb Pavel Roskin:

> Maybe we could take an approach based on the version control system?
> The distributed files are those under version control plus generated
> distributed files (if any) minus maintainer-only files.  The file lists
> for inclusion and exclusion would be short and would rarely need to be
> updated.

Oh good suggestion, I didn't see that `svn' even has an `ls' command
which lists all files which are under it's control and not ignored.

$ ./gendistlist.sh | sort > DISTLIST
$ svn ls -R | sort > DISTLIST2
$ diff -u DISTLIST DISTLIST2|less

The only difference between these 2 files are, that `svn ls' adds the
directorys too
for example:

+boot/
+boot/i386/
+boot/i386/pc/
 boot/i386/pc/boot.S
 boot/i386/pc/cdboot.S

This shouldn't hurt, but with some sed playing probable we could get rid
of it, I'm just not that sed expert :)

This seems to be the best then nobody needs to remember to
update ./gendistlist.sh and current DISTLIST seems again already a bit
out of date ;)

--
Felix Zielcke