grub-devel

Re: [BUG] Build system broken with i386.rmk

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [BUG] Build system broken with i386.rmk
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:21:07 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2008, 15:06 +0200 schrieb phcoder:
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > Can you be more specific about what's wrong in svn?  I believe ./autogen.sh
> > should fix your local tree.
> >
> i386-pc.mk and common.mk are regenerated if necessary by make command
> but i386.mk isn't.
> Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko

Actually they are generated in autogen.sh with

for rmk in conf/*.rmk; do
  ruby genmk.rb < $rmk > `echo $rmk | sed 's/\.rmk$/.mk/'`
done

The problem is that we don't use automake stuff like this maintainer
mode
Then you would need to ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode or something
like that to enable these automatic regenerate rules in the Makefiles
Currently they're always enabled.
The problem can be some different autoconf version or something like
that or wrong timestamps.