grub-devel

Re: localization of Grub

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: localization of Grub
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:59:11 +0200

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:49:54PM +0200, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> >   - gettextise the util tools, so they can be translated as normal
> >   programs.
>
> ok! (I guess/hope that will be more "burocratic" work than new work)

It _is_ technical work I think, but less fun than the other part :-/

> I don't expect to have time until 22th October (aprox.). I have more
> interest in the second part (it's "newer") than first part, but first
> part has a practical and fast effects with (I think) less investment.

The second part also builds on the first, to some extent.  I.e. if you want
to test gettext support in GRUB itself, you need some strings to translate,
and these are provided by the .mo files which are only built if the build
system supports that, etc.

--
Robert Millan