grub-devel

Re: Building grub2 for windows

From: Christian Franke
Subject: Re: Building grub2 for windows
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 01:10:36 +0100

Alexandre Bique wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Christian Franke
<...> wrote:
What is the error message you got on Cygwin ?

The problem is that make install installs elf binaries and not win32
binaries. But win32 binaries are compiled. I moved win32 binaries by
hand.

I could not reproduce this.

Is the Cygwin PATH correct, such that the Cygwin tools /usr/bin/make, /usr/bin/install ... are actually used during build?

Where do those 'elf binaries' come from? The Cygwin gcc toolchain cannot produce elf binaries. That's why grub-pe2elf exists to convert the *.mod files to ELF format.

There is also a problem if you specify a root directory with space, i
think that some variables are not protected with "$my_var" in some
shell scripts.

Yes, that is correct and should IMO be fixed in the future.

--
Christian Franke