grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Don't pass filename in multiboot command line

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [RFC] Don't pass filename in multiboot command line
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:51:16 +0200

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:55:21PM +0200, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> 2009/8/27 Seth Goldberg <address@hidden>:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  Any chance of having a 'multiboot1' module that can continue to pass the
> > multiboot filename as arg0 ?
> >

> >From the previous discussion of this feature I guess you can pass it
> as the first argument manually.

Yes.  We did this precisely so you could continue to rely on the first
argument being the kernel filename, and at the same time we wouldn't
have to make this a requirement for everyone else.

Btw, I recommend that you use grub-mkconfig to handle such things.  There's
no snippet for Solaris yet, but they're easy to write (check util/grub.d/).

In your shell script it's painless to pass the same argument twice to
multiboot command.

--
Robert Millan