grub-devel

Re: fonts for gfxmenu, help needed

From: Qianqian Fang
Subject: Re: fonts for gfxmenu, help needed
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:43:52 -0500

Michal Suchanek wrote:
Given the 1-bit bitmap limitation most glyphs look pretty good but the
灱 glyph just above the UmingCN title in the taskbar is particularly
ugly. Is this an expected limitation of this rendering method that
some glyphs simply turn out ugly or is this a bug in the font?
ok, now I see which glyph you were talking about. No, to me,
"灱" is not particularly ugly. It has comparable quality
to others. They are definitely sub-optimal compared with
the manually hinted bitmaps, but they are usable for this size.