grub-devel

Re: Grub UEFI memory allocation patch

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Grub UEFI memory allocation patch
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:59:58 +0200

Bernon wrote:
> Actually, I've read the answer you made to someone who had the same
> memory issue as I had, and I tried the newreloc branch, but it doesn't
> even build when targeting efi platform. The "loader/i386/efi/linux.c"
> file is missing in this branch.

It was a mismerge. I've fixed it. Recently I was working on making this
branch mergeable into experimental and for this it needed some
restructure. I recommend trying r2130 of newreloc
> I will look for explanation  about this part of code, in the mailing
> list archives, however, as i said, the fix works fine for me.
Even if it does it needs a special support from kernel and doesn't allow
to handle e.g. FreeBSD so when it will be mergeable (probably next week)
your fix will be obsolete