grub-devel

Re: next release of grub2?

From: KESHAV P.R.
Subject: Re: next release of grub2?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:55:43 +0530

I am trying to package grub2 for efi for archlinux
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39904 and
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39905 .

The link for new version
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Obtaining-and-Building-GRUB
- ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-1.98-r2613.tar.gz does not exist.
In my system I manually compile the bzr version but I cannot do the
same for packaging, I need a release version accoding to Archlinux
Guidelines.

The GRUB manual has good info, but only for bios systems. It does not
talk about compiling and setting up grub2 for efi, coreboot and other
firmwares grub2 supports. Those info are still available only at
http://grub.enbug.org . Maybe you guys should move that site to
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub .

Regards

Keshav