grub-devel

Re: Completely disable graphics support in grub2 x86_64-efi

From: KESHAV P.R.
Subject: Re: Completely disable graphics support in grub2 x86_64-efi
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:43:22 +0530

2010/8/25 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:
> Were you testing inside qemu? If so then mainline version has used
> video_cirrus module which wasn't propagated into newreloc until I
> resynced it recently

No, I was not testing in qemu or VirtualBox (or any virtual machine).
I tried it in real hardware. My GPU is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450
with 256 MB Graphics RAM, 1280x800 native resolution of my Dell Studio
1537 laptop. Should I use newreloc or experimental branch?

Maybe I will try newreloc separately and come back to you.