grub-devel

Console Resolution with GRUB2

From: D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Subject: Console Resolution with GRUB2
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 23:35:02 -0500

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd post here as my post is not exactly help, but that also will be welcome.

Prior to GRUB2 it was quite easy to change virtual console resolution.

There are some of us who still use console without  X windows.  One such group is older persons who cannot see at anything except 640x480 resolution.

Those of us who are developing www.vinuxproject.org have a nice Debian version (Vinux 2.0) that is CLI only and has a nice 640x480 screen.

I have tried some of the examples I have found on the Internet and they all worked until recently.

But couldn't the boot command just be modified to be what it was once in GRUB?  it was so simple to modify then update grub and the user had a bigger size font.

Also could someone tell me now what I must do in the current version of grub2 to get 640x480 resolution kept when the OS boots?

Thanks for any responses I will receive.

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA  Radio-Officers Group -- Join CW email list -- Historic Morse Recordings
Gopher Hole:  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher gateway
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: address@hidden AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=