grub-devel

Re: Switching to another boot device on failure

From: Arbiel Perlacremaz
Subject: Re: Switching to another boot device on failure
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:59:50 +0100

Switching to the next boot device should not be done without advertising
the user, so that he or she has the opportunity to fix the primary
device's booting process.

By the way, how is the "recordfail" environment variable reset ?

And wouldn't it be possible to implement a "next_boot_device"
environment variable to answer Venkata's need ?

Arbiel