grub-devel

Re: grub2 and touch screen

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: grub2 and touch screen
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:14:46 +0300

В Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:06:42 +0200
Theodore Christophe <address@hidden> пишет:

> hello all,
>
> First of all, thank-you for your works.
>
> I have installed Fedora21 on my laptop (Medion all in one) with dual
> boot, and every-thing is working fine.
> Grub2 give me the choice between win8.1 and FC21, and other rescue.
>
> BUT when I use my laptop as touch pad (by removing the screen), with no
> keyboard, I could not select the boot I want to use. Fedora is the
> default and the touch screen is working fine after.
>
> Do you think that grub can manage the touch screen (something like two
> button win81 and FC21) ?

Somebody would need to write driver for it (assuming it is technically
possible in firmware at all). I think I have seen reports that using
hardware buttons worked for selecting menu entries, but it may be
hardware dependent.

As Michael, I think adding support for hardware buttons looks more
promising.