grub-devel

New module for android bootimg filesystem

From: Shea Levy
Subject: New module for android bootimg filesystem
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:11:09 -0500

Hello all,

On the android-bootimg branch of my github fork [1], I've implemented initial support for the android bootimg format[2]. Currently the kernel and ramdisk are accessible on the filesystem; future work may include exporting the kernel command line, expected memory offsets, etc. somehow (perhaps in a file that sets some grub variables that is meant to be source'd). The developer's manual doesn't mention how to submit changes using git; should I squash this all down into one commit, send a patch per commit, or something else?

Thanks,
Shea

[1]: https://github.com/shlevy/grub/tree/android-bootimg
[2]: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/core/+/506d233e7ac8ca4efa80768153d842c296477f99/mkbootimg/bootimg.h